Thank you for your interest in being part of the North Museum. At this time we have 1 position available.
Visitor Services Associate/Retail Sales
(Hourly, Non-exempt, Seasonal)
The North Museum is seeking a Visitor Services Associate to join the Museum! This individual will help run the front desk, which includes admissions, gift shop and other related duties. This is a seasonal position that requires working some weekends from May to September.
Job Function: Cashier, public relations. Provide a friendly, efficient, and informed welcome for visitors to the North Museum.
Required Experience and Skills:
• Experience with POS systems;
• Ability to multitask admissions, discounts, and retail sales at the front desk of a small but busy gift shop in a museum setting;
• Enthusiastic about the Museum, its programs, activities, and events;
• Experience in retail sales and customer service preferred;
• Good problem-solving skills;
• Ability to maintain a professional and calm demeanor at all times;
• Ability to communicate effectively in English on the telephone and in person;
• Enthusiasm for working in a team environment and learning new skills;
• Commitment to excellent customer service;
• Consistent, dependable, and punctual. Ability to work full days and regular hours preferred.
• MUST be able to work Saturdays and Sundays, two weekends per month.
• Greet and process visitors at the entry of the Museum;
• Knowledgeable about the Museum, its procedures, and policies;
• Familiarity and salesmanship with memberships and gift shop merchandise;
• Monitor the presentation, pricing and signage for the merchandise in the shop for maximum sales potential;
• Respond to phone calls, take clear messages;
• Work with other staff and volunteers to support Museum programs;
• Open and close the Museum’s public areas when necessary;
• Other tasks as assigned
Hourly rate commensurate with experience.
• Primarily a day-time position, but flexibility is required due to some events/programs on weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Individuals hired for this position will be required to give consent to criminal and credit checks. The North Museum of Natural History & Science is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, contact the North Museum of Natural History & Science, 400 College Avenue, Lancaster, PA, 17603-3393. E-mail inquiries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
If this position doesn't match what you are looking for, please consider becoming a North Museum Volunteer. Please click HERE for more information regarding volunteering at the Museum.