A membership for a family of four pays for itself in just two visits!
Your family can explore our hands-on exhibits and programs together - as often as you'd like - as members to the North Museum of Natural History & Science. The North Museum will spark excitement and curiosity about science and nature when you meet the residents of the Live Animal Room, examine the amazing diversity found in birds, trace the history of the earliest inhabitants along the Susquehanna River, or explore our solar system in Central PA's largest planetarium. The Museum's traveling exhibits and interactive programs provide a new experience for your family every time you visit.
Now more than ever, membership is a great value. A membership for a family of four pays for itself in just two visits! Free admission to the Museum is just the beginning of the benefits - free planetarium shows, invitations to "members only" events, discounts to the gift shop, and advance notice of new exhibits and programs all add to the value of being a North Museum member.
Benefits of membership include:
- FREE admission to the North Museum for a year
- FREE planetarium shows
- FREE or discounted admission to nearly 300 other science and technology centers nationwide through the Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) Passport Program.* For a list of participating museums and science centers, click here.
- Discounted admission to special Museum programs and events
- Invitations to Members Only events
- Priority registration for Rambles and other special Museum events
- Museum updates through our quarterly newsletter, The Eagle, and our monthly e-newsletter
- 10% discount on merchandise from the North Museum Gift Shop
- Recognition in the Annual Report for Patron level members and above
- Satisfaction of supporting one of Lancaster County’s educational and cultural resources
*Applies to Family/Grandfamily Membership and above.
About the Association of Science and Technology Centers (ASTC) Passport Program
The North Museum is thrilled to offer this benefit to our Family/Grandfamily, Patron and Explorer Society members! Enjoy free or discounted admission to nearly 300 science centers around the country and make learning fun and easy for your family when you travel! According to the ASTC, Passport Program users must obtain a membership from a participating institution located within 90 miles of the cardholder's residence. The Passport Program will provide free or discounted admission to institutions located approximately 90 miles away from the cardholder's residence when they show their "home" membership card. Membership cards must include the ASTC logo to be valid. Members may be asked to verify their residence with photo ID. For more information and a list of participating museums and science centers, click here.
Participating regional institutions for Lancaster area residents:
Academy of Natural Science of Drexel University, Philadelphia
Carnegie Science Center, Pittsburgh
Children's Museum of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh
Da Vinci Discovery Center of Pennsylvania, State College
Great Valley Nature Center, Devault
Maryland Science Center, Baltimore
Reading Public Museum, Reading
Non-participating regional institutions for Lancaster area residents:
The Franklin Institute, Philadelphia
Lancaster Science Factory, Lancaster
National Watch & Clock Museum, Columbia
The State Museum of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg
Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, Harrisburg
Looking for a unique gift that will last all year long? Consider a North Museum gift membership.
Questions? Contact our Membership office at 291-4149 or firstname.lastname@example.org.